Engineering Project Manager – Floating Wind
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Simply Blue Energy team responsible for developing innovative floating wind projects. Simply Blue Energy is seeking a highly motivated and competent engineer and project manager, ideally with experience in the offshore wind industry. The role is focused on day-to-day management of project design, value-building and delivery planning. The focus will be on new Irish projects, as well contributing to projects in the UK as required. The work will encompass a diverse remit across all areas of project design and management and offers an extremely exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate to develop new skills and become a key part of Simply Blue Energy’s Blue Economy success story.
1. The Role
The Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for the design of projects and programmes, across multiple portfolios, ensuring that cost, risk, commercial value and communications are all managed to the highest standards, throughout all stages of project planning and delivery. Management of both suppliers and stakeholders forms a key part of the role, and the Engineering Project Manager will be required to represent both the company and specific projects. The candidate must be able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and must take on ownership of concept designs, complex tasks and commercial challenges.
The Engineering Project Manager reports on a day to day basis to the Projects Director and will be based at the Simply Blue Energy office in Ardmore, Co Waterford. This is a full-time role and travel from time to time in connection with the project should be expected. The post offers an attractive pension package and the salary will be subject to negotiation and will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. A relocation package will also be agreed, where necessary.
Objective: to develop robust engineering projects across SBE portfolios, optimising project design specification, delivery strategy and commercial value, ensuring that interfaces and communications are all managed effectively and professionally, and that outputs are all of an exceptionally high quality that stand up to external assessment.
● Technical and commercial optimisation of SBE floating wind projects;
● Procurement of, and management of suppliers to support project design and value creation in a cost effective manner;
● Reporting of objectives, milestones, work packages and deliverables across project portfolios;
● Regular reporting of progress against goals as part of a multidisciplinary team;
● Implementation of client-side project management processes in support of project design and development;
● Ensure full compliance in response to all applicable regulatory requirements;
● HSEQ systems development and management for the projects;
● Ensure effective interface management and collaboration with strategic partners, particularly core technology partners;
● Ensure the seamless flow of information is achieved through effective communications and orderly management of data;
● Competently assess, challenge and drive optimisation of engineering designs, technical reports and associated deliverables;
● Input to all project areas, including but not limited to, commercial, HSEQ, finance, consenting, leasing, stakeholder engagement and lobbying as well as engineering;
● Preparation and presentation of project literature, reports, presentations and briefing notes including the competent use of all relevant software required to professionally convey project information;
● Procurement and management of marine and terrestrial survey contractors;
3. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
● Engineering degree with minimum five years’ post graduate experience and excellent track record in the marine renewable energy project delivery
● Demonstrable project management and contract administration experience
● Knowledge around technical and commercial marine renewable energy project development and the regulatory and fiscal regimes in which they must operate
● Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
● Strong communication skills and an ability to liaise with a range of different parties
● Experience of representing an organization professionally
● Highly competent in the use of MS Office including Excel and Project, proficiency in GIS or CAD, and ability to work collaboratively using Sharepoint or Teams
● Full, clean driving licence
● Experience in the offshore wind sector
● Knowledge of wave energy sector
● Qualifications in a recognised project management system
● Offshore health and safety qualifications and awareness
● Experience of managing marine contractors
4. Your Application
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the reference number EM001 by close of business Monday 30th March 2020.
We look forward to considering your application.