[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-2pi6m7′]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jnyttmd8′ admin_preview_bg=”]
Environmental Specialist – Floating Wind
[av_hr class=’default’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ av-desktop-hide=” av-medium-hide=” av-small-hide=” av-mini-hide=” av_uid=’av-2eeg6n’]
[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-2zr3s8′]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-k6kqq9r4′ admin_preview_bg=”]
Environmental Specialist – Floating Wind
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Simply Blue Energy team responsible for developing innovative floating wind projects. Simply Blue Energy is seeking a highly motivated and competent Environmental Specialist, ideally with experience in the offshore wind industry. The role is focused on day-to-day management of environmental design, value-building and delivery criteria. The focus will be on new Irish projects, as well contributing to projects in the UK as required. The work will encompass a diverse remit across all areas of environment and consents management and offers an extremely exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate to develop new skills and become a key part of Simply Blue Energy’s Blue Economy success story.
1. The Role
The Environmental Specialist will be responsible for environmental planning, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), consenting and stakeholder relationships, ensuring that compliance with planning policy, risk, and communications are all managed to the highest standards, throughout all stages of project development, from design to execution. Management of both suppliers and stakeholders forms a key part of the role, and the Environmental Specialist will be required to represent both the company and specific projects. The candidate must be able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and must take on ownership of complex tasks and challenges.
The Environmental Specialist reports on a day to day basis to the Projects Director and will be based at the Simply Blue Energy office in Ardmore, Co Waterford. This is a full-time role and travel from time to time in connection with the project should be expected. The post offers an attractive pension package and the salary will be subject to negotiation and will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. A relocation package will also be agreed, where necessary.
Objective: to manage environmental planning, consenting and stakeholder engagement processes, ensuring the delivery of best practice in environmental assessment, compliance and participatory techniques, such that outcomes facilitate commercial project progression and stand up to external assessment.
● Environmental planning, including mitigation and adaptation responses for the design of SBE floating wind projects in Ireland, and other projects as required;
● Ensurance of full compliance with all statutory environmental requirements and standards, including environmental impact assessment;
● Procurement of, and interface with, survey companies and other marine and terrestrial environmental service providers to support project development in an effective and efficient manner;
● Overview of objectives, targets, milestones and deliverables for relevant SBE environment, consenting and stakeholder engagement projects;
● Management of pathways to consenting, including community and stakeholder engagement (i.e. with fishers and policy-makers), through scientific excellence, adherence to public policy, and effective communication;
● Competent review of technical and environmental reports and/or scientific data
● Identification and implementation of opportunities for innovation in environmental projects that enhance outcomes such as marine biodiversity;
● Regular reporting of progress against goals through project tracking systems;
● Ensure the seamless flow of information is achieved through effective communications and orderly management of data;
● Work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment to input to other project areas, including but not limited to HSEQ, environmental engineering and lobbying;
● Prepare and present project material for dissemination to diverse target audiences through the competent use of all relevant software required to professionally convey project information.
3. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
● Environmental science related degree with minimum five years’ post graduate experience and excellent track record in the marine energy sector
● Track record in acquiring and demonstrating compliance with regulatory approvals and development consents
● Demonstrable project management, contract administration and stakeholder engagement experience
● Deep knowledge of environmental aspects of marine renewable energy project development and the regulatory regimes in which they must operate
● Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
● Strong communication skills and an ability to liaise with a range of vested interests
● Experience of representing an organisation professionally
● Highly competent in the use of MS Office including Excel, working knowledge of GIS, and ability to work collaboratively using Sharepoint or Teams
● Full, clean driving licence
● Chartered or Full Membership of a professional institution,
● Experience in the offshore wind sector
● Qualifications in a recognised project management system
● Knowledge of other Blue Growth segments, including wave power and aquaculture
4. Your Application
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number ES001 by close of business Monday 30th March 2020.
We look forward to considering your application.