[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-2pi6m7′]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jnyttmd8′ admin_preview_bg=”]
[av_hr class=’default’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ av-desktop-hide=” av-medium-hide=” av-small-hide=” av-mini-hide=” av_uid=’av-2eeg6n’]
[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-2zr3s8′]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-k6kqq9r4′ admin_preview_bg=”]
Environmental Specialist – Floating Wind
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Simply Blue Energy (SBE) team responsible for developing a pipeline of innovative floating wind projects in the Celtic sea. Simply Blue Energy is seeking a highly motivated and competent Environmental Specialist, ideally with experience in the offshore renewables industry. The role is focused on the effective day to day management of the permitting of floating wind projects off the coast of Pembrokeshire. The work will encompass a diverse remit across all areas of project development and offers an extremely exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate to develop new skills and become a key part of the floating wind success story.
1. The Role
The Environmental Specialist will support Simply Blue Energy’s efforts in securing all necessary consents and approvals for the company’s assets, projects and developments. This is a dynamic role that provides a key interface between the environmental and technical/engineering resources that are committed to the projects. Therefore, in addition to EIA and consenting experience, the successful applicant will also possess demonstrable project management skillset and technical knowledge in the delivery of offshore renewables energy projects.
The Environmental Specialist reports to the Consenting Manager and will work alongside and interface on a day to day basis with the Stakeholder Manager. The role is based at the Simply Blue Energy office in Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire, Wales.
This is a full-time role and travel from time to time in connection with the project should be expected. The post offers an attractive pension package and the salary will be subject to negotiation and will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. A relocation package will also be agreed, where appropriate.
Objective: to support the securing of all necessary consents and approvals for assets, projects and developments. Ensuring that interfaces and communications between the internal teams and subconsultants are managed effectively and professionally, and that outputs are all high quality and stand up to external assessment.
• Environmental planning, including mitigation and adaptation responses for the design of UK floating wind projects ;
• Support the effective management of environmental consultants, suppliers and surveys in accordance with agreed contracts;
• Competent review of technical and environmental reportsand project datasets;
• Ensure interfaces and cooperation between technical and environmental works streams are well understood and optimised;
• Ensure the seamless flow of information is delivered through effective communications and orderly management of data;
• Attend engineering and consenting workshops to ensure that workstreams are aligned and that designs, and planning criteria are optimised;
• Input into program, cost and risk schedules for the projects;
• Input into client-side project management processes in support of the projects;
• Preparation of regular progress reports;
• Support in stakeholder engagement and consultation;
• Support the project team in the effective running of public consultation processes, including the organizing of public consultation events where required.
• Preparation and presentation of project literature, reports and briefing notes including the competent use of all relevant software required to professionally convey project information;
• Promulgation of all statutory notices in relation to the Project.
3. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Honours Degree in Environmental Science, Marine Science or related discipline with a minimum of five years’ experience in the renewable energy sector and in project management.
• Experience in delivery of EIA, HRA and other environmental assessments for offshore renewable projects.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills and an ability to liaise with a range of different parties.
• Experience of representing an organization professionally in a public forum.
• Appreciation of the importance of effective implementation of HSEQ systems.
• Computer literate (MS Office) – ability to communicate clearly and concisely by email (Outlook), prepare Word documents and reports, create and use Excel spreadsheets effectively, prepare presentations using Powerpoint, create and maintain project programmes (e.g. MS Project), and work collaboratively using Sharepoint and Teams.
• Proficiency in the use of GIS.
• Post Graduate qualification in a Marine Energy or a consenting related discipline.
• Full Membership of a professional institution, (e.g. MIEMA, MIEnvSc).
• Strong Project Management Skills, with experience of, or qualifications in, a recognised project management system.
• Experience in the marine renewable energy sector, ideally offshore wind.
• Experience of site work and health and safety awareness.
• Experience of managing contractors.
4. Your Application
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading EE201 by the closing date of the 17th June 2020.
We look forward to considering your application.