[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-2pi6m7′]
[av_hr class=’default’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ av-desktop-hide=” av-medium-hide=” av-small-hide=” av-mini-hide=” av_uid=’av-2eeg6n’]
[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-2zr3s8′]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-k6kqq9r4′ admin_preview_bg=”]
Offshore Renewable Energy Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Simply Blue Energy team responsible for developing innovative marine energy and aquaculture projects in Ireland. Simply Blue Energy is seeking a highly motivated and competent Offshore Renewable Energy Engineer with experience in the renewables industry. The role is focused on day-to-day support of project design and development within the civil/mechanical discipline. The work will encompass array layout optimisation, offshore structures design, energy yield analysis and Levelised Cost of Energy (LCOE) analysis. The role offers an extremely exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate to develop new skills and become a key part of Ireland’s Blue Economy success story.
1. The Role
The Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Engineer will be responsible for the offshore systems design and integration of renewable generation projects, ensuring that technical risk, interfaces and communications are all managed to the highest standards, throughout all stages of project planning and execution. Management of both suppliers and stakeholders may form part of the role, and the ORE Engineer will be required to represent both the company and specific projects. The candidate must be able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and must take on ownership of complex tasks and challenges.
The ORE Engineer reports on a day to day basis to the Engineering Manager and will be based at the Simply Blue Energy office in Cork or as agreed in the Contract of Employment. This is a full-time role and travel from time to time in connection with the project should be expected.
Objective: to optimise project civil/mechanical design specification and compliance, ensuring that interfaces and communications are all managed effectively and professionally, and that outputs are all of an exceptionally high quality that stand up to external assessment.
● Take ownership of the delivery of tasks within the civil/mechanical engineering discipline as guided by the Engineering Manager;
● Undertake conceptual development and optimization of floating structure design, mooring system design, offshore platform accessibility analyses, energy yield and LCOE analyses;
● Develop methods to construct, integrate, mobilise, install, operate and maintain complex offshore equipment for power generation and transmission;
● Evaluation of new products, concepts and technologies from vendors in various countries;
● Review of offshore codes, standards and recommended practices and application to designs and/or technical discussions;
● Input into technical elements of SBE’s requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts;
● Procurement, and review, of front-end civil/mechanical engineering reports, drawings and investigations (e.g. technical feasibility studies, geotechnical/geophysical studies, floating wind and wave energy technology sub-systems designs, metocean and energy yield analysis, array layouts etc.);
● Participate in design reviews, risk assessment, lessons learnt and resolution workshops, with subsequent implementation and reporting;
● Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, technology supply companies and others, both locally and overseas as required;
● Interact with the cross-functional design team, in the design of offshore civil/mechanical systems;
● Provide technical input into health & safety procedures;
● Liaison with the various multi-disciplinary teams working on SBE projects in various countries, providing technical assistance and clarifications to any staff members when requested;
● Ensuring civil/mechanical engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards, and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations;
● Preparation and presentation of project literature, reports, presentations and briefing notes including the competent use of all relevant software required to professionally convey project information.
3. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
● A degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering;
● Experience in the design and/or implementation of floating offshore structures/mooring systems/dynamic cables or risers;
● Experience with third party management, i.e. external contractor scope development, contracting and management;
● Familiarity with offshore industry design, manufacturing and construction Codes and development of compliant systems;
● Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
● Strong communication skills and an ability to liaise with a range of different parties;
● Experience of representing an organization professionally;
● Highly competent in the use of MS Office including Excel, proficiency in GIS or CAD, and ability to work collaboratively using Sharepoint or Teams;
● Full, clean driving licence.
● Experience in the renewable energy sector, particularly in floating wind and wave energy technologies;
● Experience of metocean modelling and analysis and geotechnical conditions interpretation;
● Experience in the design, acceptance, installation & commissioning of complex offshore structures and marine operations;
● Experience with modelling tools, e.g. WAMIT, Ansys Suite, FEA, Orcaflex etc.;
● Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other engineering teams – electrical, control & automation, industrialisation & manufacturing;
● Experience in technical assessment of equipment suppliers and supervision of equipment design, development, testing and supply;
● Experience developing civil/mechanical project documentation – plans, product & system specifications, high level drawings, schematics, method statements, commissioning statements, and test reports;
● Strong interpersonal, communication, technical and commercial skills, with strong customer focus and commitment to quality;
● Ability to undertake some international travel, supervising suppliers, contractors and academic partners;
● Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and constraints;
● A pro-active, practical & flexible approach to work.
4 Your Application
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV and Cover Letter to OREEng.Ire@simplyblueenergy.com with the subject heading IRE-OREE by the closing date of the 25th June 2020.
We look forward to considering your application.