Projects Administrator – Floating Wind
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Simply Blue Energy team responsible for developing a pipeline of innovative floating wind projects in the Celtic sea. Simply Blue Energy is seeking a highly motivated and competent administrator, ideally with a passion for the renewable energy sector. The role is focused on the effective day to day project systems and office management in support of the development of floating wind projects off the coast of Pembrokeshire. The work will encompass a diverse remit across all areas of the projects and offers an extremely exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate to develop new skills and become a key part of the floating wind success story.
1. The Role
The Projects Administrator is responsible for ensuring that all relevant project systems and policies are implemented and supporting the Project Managing Director. The Projects Administrator will ensure that reporting and documentation, communications and project facilities are all managed to the highest standards. Supporting the management of both suppliers and stakeholders forms a key part of the role and the Projects Administrator will represent both the company and projects. The candidate must be able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and must take on ownership of tasks and challenges.
The Projects Administrator reports on a day to day basis to the Project Managing Director and is based at the Simply Blue Energy office in Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire, Wales.
This is a full-time role and travel from time to time in connection with the project should be expected. The post offers an attractive pension package and the salary will be subject to negotiation and will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Objective: to support the efficient administration of the projects, maintain systems and facilities to the highest standards and provide a consistent point of contact for the projects in respect of enquiries.
• Enthusiastically, knowledgeably and professionally represent the projects and ensure that the projects always project a high-quality external interface;
• Expertly record minutes and actions at meetings;
• Assist in the maintenance and dissemination of task trackers and budgets;
• Provide an informed and professional point of contact for all enquiries (media, public, stakeholder, suppliers);
• Efficiently manage and direct enquiries to the relevant staff and respond directly where appropriate;
• Assist where necessary in the creation and management of digital systems and shared workspaces;
• Champion the implementation of the data management system;
• Provide document control support to the projects;
• Work closely with the IT support contractor to resolve issues, optimise systems and support staff;
• Create, maintain and optimise project media (websites, presentations and event materials);
• Deliver project and office inductions for new staff and contractors;
• Manage team calendars and assist in arrangement of meetings, workshops and events;
• Organise agreed training for project staff;
• Organise events and travel arrangements for project staff;
• Research, implement and maintain all necessary insurances for the projects and premises;
• Setup, manage and maintain the projects premises and ensure compliance with local legal requirements;
• Champion and police implementation of HSEQ for the project offices.
3. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Third level qualification
• Demonstrable business systems and office management experience
• Genuine support for renewable energy and carbon reduction initiatives
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills and an ability to liaise with a range of different parties
• Experience of representing an organization professionally
• Appreciation of the importance of effective implementation of HSEQ systems
• Computer literate (MS Office) – ability to communicate clearly and concisely by email (Outlook), prepare Word documents and reports, create and use Excel spreadsheets effectively, prepare presentations using PowerPoint, and work collaboratively using Sharepoint and Teams.
• Experience in technical projects coordination
• Experience of supporting the delivery of renewable energy projects
• Experience of managing contractors
• Health and safety awareness
4. Your Application
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the subject heading PA201 by the closing date of the 17th June 2020.
We look forward to considering your application.