Job vacancies are listed below. Click on the drop down menus for more information.
1. Engineering Manager (Floating Wind & Wave Energy) – Simply Blue Group
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Simply Blue Energy team responsible for developing innovative floating wind and wave energy projects in Ireland. Simply Blue Energy is seeking a highly motivated and competent engineering manager, ideally with experience in the offshore wind and wave energy industry. The role is focused on day-to-day management of project design, capability-building and delivery. The work will encompass a diverse remit across all areas of offshore renewable energy project development and offshore/onshore engineering and offers an extremely exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate to develop new skills and become a key part of Ireland’s Blue Economy success story.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the offshore and onshore systems design and integration of renewable generation projects, design of engineering programmes, ensuring that cost, risk, interfaces and communications are all managed to the highest standards, throughout all stages of project planning and execution process. Management of both suppliers and stakeholders forms a key part of the role, and the Engineering Manager will be required to represent both the company and specific projects. The candidate must be able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and must take on ownership of complex tasks and challenges.
The Engineering Manager reports on a day-to-day basis to the Project Manager and will be based at the Simply Blue Energy office in Cork City or as agreed in the Contract of Employment. This is a full-time role and travel from time to time in connection with the project should be expected. The post offers an attractive pension package and the salary will be subject to negotiation and will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. A relocation package will also be agreed, where necessary.
Objective: to optimise project engineering program designs, ensuring that interfaces and communications are all managed effectively and professionally, and that outputs are all of an exceptionally high quality that stand up to external assessment.
- Technical and financial optimisation for the design of SBE floating wind and wave energy projects in Ireland
- Procurement of, and interface with, technical services to support project design and capability-building in a cost effective manner
- Overview of objectives, targets, milestones and deliverables across project portfolios
- Regular reporting of progress against goals as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Implementation of appropriate client-side project management processes in support of project design and development
- Ensure full compliance in response to all applicable regulatory requirements and standards in design specifications, including HSEQ systems
- Ensure effective interface management and collaboration with strategic partners
- Ensure the seamless flow of information is achieved through effective communications and orderly management of data
- Competently assess, challenge and drive optimisation of engineering designs, technical reports and associated deliverables
- Input to all project areas, including but not limited to, commercial, HSEQ, finance, consenting, stakeholder engagement and lobbying as well as engineering
- Preparation and presentation of project literature, reports, presentations and briefing notes including the competent use of all relevant software required to professionally convey project information
- Management of marine and terrestrial survey contractors.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with 5-10 years’ experience and excellent track record in the marine renewable energy sector
- Demonstrable experience in the design and/or implementation of floating offshore structures/mooring systems/dynamic cables or risers, with experience of product or project certification processes and risk identification, mitigation and monitoring techniques
- Experience with third party management, i.e. external contractor scope development, contracting and management
- Familiarity with offshore industry design, manufacturing and construction Codes and development of compliant systems
- Demonstrable project management and contract administration experience
- Clear commitment to delivery of high quality, detailed and clear documentation to record tasks, decisions, outcomes and project deliverables
- Knowledge around technical and commercial marine renewable energy project development and the regulatory regimes in which they must operate
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards achieving this title in the near future
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills and an ability to liaise with a range of different parties
- Experience of representing an organization professionally
- Highly competent in the use of MS Office including Excel, proficiency in GIS or CAD, and ability to work collaboratively using Sharepoint or Teams
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Experience in the renewable energy sector, particularly in floating wind and wave energy technologies
- Experience of metocean modelling and analysis and geotechnical conditions interpretation
- Experience in the design, acceptance, installation & commissioning of complex offshore structures and marine operations
- Experience with modelling tools, e.g. WAMIT, Ansys Suite, FEA, Orcaflex etc.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other engineering teams – electrical, control & automation, industrialisation & manufacturing
- Experience in technical assessment of equipment suppliers and supervision of equipment design, development, testing and supply
- Experience developing civil/mechanical/electrical project documentation – plans, product & system specifications, high level drawings, schematics, method statements, commissioning statements, and test reports
- Strong interpersonal, communication, technical and commercial skills, with strong customer focus and commitment to quality
- Ability to undertake some international travel, supervising suppliers, contractors and academic partners
- Offshore health and safety qualifications and awareness
- Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and constraints
- A pro-active, practical & flexible approach to work.
Location: Blackrock, Cork City, Ireland
How to apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject heading ENGMAN001 by close of business Monday 30th March 2021. Please note that Simply Blue Group will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. As we are currently experiencing high volumes of interest in vacancies it may not be possible to answer individual queries prior to application.
We look forward to considering your application.
Our values are important to us and we would expect them to be a key driver in any application to join our team. Click link below.